It transpires that Huddersfield's new signing Ben Blackmore has been a naughty boy. He'd not informed the club that he, along with former team-mate Richard Owen, was due in court to answer charges of affray, charges that were brought after he was caught brawling with Father Christmas.
He has been spared jail - he received a six-month suspended sentence and was ordered to do 120 hours community service - but will start his Giants career with a written warning on his file.
The main point coming out of all this though is: who brawls with Father Christmas? We know Rugby League players are generally big daft lads, but that is low.
Here, though, are ten things lower:
10. Shooting Bambi's mum
9. Burgling the seven dwarves house while they're off down the mine
8. Using an artificial wind machine to blow the first two little pig's houses over
7. Blowing the third one up with gelignite
6. Trolling the three billy goats gruff on Twitter
5. Pushing Jack and Jill down the hill
4. Giving conflicting military advice to the Grand Old Duke of York
3. Spitting (or worse) into bear porridge
2. Making chops out of Mary's little lamb
1. Mugging the tooth fairy